Procrastination Nation

Rachel King, Staff Writer

Everyone does it, it is perfectly natural to procrastinate. However when it is 11:30pm on a Thursday and you still have seven assignments to complete, you know that there might be an issue. Here are a few tips to ensure that you will not be scrambling to do your assignments the day before.

1. Shut off your phone or put it in another room, this is a major distraction and removing is a great way to focus. In the recent years teens have developed an addiction to their phones and unplugging for a few hours is good for the brain. Without the distraction of your cellphones it is easier to focus on homework and get it done faster.
  2. When you come home from school or practice have something to eat and relax for around 15 minutes before starting your homework. This helps students calm down between the school day and the homework given to students
  3. Many students find it easier to focus in school rather than outside of school. Try to take advantage of time in school to do homework so when you go home you have less to do and more time to relax and sleep. Many students are intimidated by their enormous work load, however if you do homework in school, there is a less intimidating work load to handle.
  4. Have a goal to motivate you to get started on your homework, this will entice you to finish faster and to get your work done faster.
  5. Try having a study group with people who are in your classes. This will enable to ask them questions, so if you are confused, it can be explained and you can move faster through the problems.

Students are know to procrastinate, studies show that as many as 95% of all students procrastinate. That does seem like a whole lot of people, however 3.5 million students will graduate this year and most of them have admitted to procrastination. Putting off one assignment will not hurt you in the long run. However making it a habit would not be beneficial. Following these tips will help you procrastinate less!

Procrastination Nation