The Sandlot

Tom Sheehan
May 7, 2012  

The Sandlot is a classic movie that teaches people to overcome their fears, whether it’s trying to become friends with a new group of kids, or trying to get a Babe Ruth autographed baseball back from a backyard watched by a “ball-eating dog” known as the Beast. The Sandlot is a movie... Read More

Looking Back at Junior Year

Tom Sheehan
May 3, 2012  

This past year of being a junior wasn’t the easiest year I’ve had throughout my school years, but I am going to miss it a lot due to many different things. I am going to have many great memories from being a junior at Wakefield High School, some memories really good, some not so good. Coming... Read More

Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 3.38.15 PM

A Wakefield Legacy, Paul K. Guillow Inc.

Tom Sheehan
April 25, 2012  

Paul K. Guillow was a U.S. Naval Aviator in World War I, but he is known worldwide for his manufacturing Balsa wood model airplane toys. Paul K. Guillow was a U.S. Naval Aviator, who later graduated from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 1920. Six years later, Guillow established Paul K. Guillow,... Read More

Toshiba-Excite-13-10-77-Android-40-ICS-Nvidia-quad-core

Is 13-inches Too Big For a Tablet?

Tom Sheehan
April 11, 2012  

On June 10th, Toshiba’s new Excite 13 tablet will be available, but is the 13-inch screen too big to be a tablet? Toshiba’s new Excite 13 tablet is now the largest Android tablet. With its huge 13-inch screen, this tablet is meant for home use, rather than other tablets that are used on... Read More

Is Your Child’s Car Seat Safe?

Tom Sheehan
March 29, 2012  

Sourced from www.wakefield.patch.com Soon-to-be parents have a lot on their plates. Besides the joy of welcoming a new member to your family, you’re now expected to protect yourself — and your new baby. Making sure your child’s safety seat is a lot harder than it may sound. Many... Read More

tips

Top Ways to Do Better in School

Tom Sheehan
March 26, 2012  

Are you struggling to get good grades or not receiving the grades you would like to be receiving? If you follow these five important steps, you can do better in school in no time. 1. Get a good night sleep every night. Getting a good night sleep every night is one of the most important things... Read More

Cinderella Man (2005)

Tom Sheehan
March 13, 2012  

Cinderella Man is a true story about a boxer named James Braddock, played by Russell Crowe, who is working to take care of his family during the hard times of The Great Depression and gain self pride to become a world famous boxer again after breaking his hand in the ring. This movie shows... Read More

ipadshot

The Oscar’s iPad App

Tom Sheehan
February 28, 2012  

The Oscars iPad app was designed to watch the Oscars live on the Red Carpet and backstage, but was the app as popular as last years Emmy winning app? The Oscars iPad app allowed the viewer to get exclusive access to live streams from 24 different cameras on the Red Carpet, backstage and at... Read More

The Small but Mighty Strategy Club

Tom Sheehan
February 20, 2012  

The Strategy club at Wakefield Memorial High School is a place for students after school to go to play games, hang out with friends, and meet new people. “The strategy club is based on game theory and focuses on intellectual gaming.” said the club advisor Mr. Lashmitt.  The club meets... Read More

Faculty Interviews

Interview with Mr. Zerfas

Tom Sheehan
January 27, 2012  

On January 9, 2012, I had an interview with Mr. Zerfas to get to know some basic information about him. I asked where he grew up, what kind of student he was, and his favorite hobbies. This interview was done via e-mail and I learned a lot of new things about him while doing this interview.... Read More

Is the New Two and a Half Men a Hit?

Tom Sheehan, Staff- Reporter
January 19, 2012  

This fall season was a big hit for new TV shows, including The X-Factor, the new Two and a Half Men, and Two Broke Girls, just to name a few. One of the top rated shows, Two and a Half Men, has made a major change from last season. That big change is Ashton Kutcher. After the star Charlie Sheen... Read More

A Christmas Story (1983)

Tom Sheehan, Contributor
January 19, 2012  

A Christmas Story is a classic Christmas movie about a boy who wants a BB gun for Christmas, and nothing else. He tries to convince many people that he is able to have a BB gun, but everyone he tells says the famous quote “You’ll shoot you’re eye out!”   The... Read More