Looking Back at Sophomore Year

Maggie Gourville
May 3, 2012  

For most students, the beginning of May is a signal that the school year is almost over and summer is right around the corner.  For me, it means an end to my sophomore year; a year that was jam-packed with track meets and late night study sessions.  However, after looking back on the past... Read More

Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 3.53.34 PM

How to Update the Updates

Maggie Gourville, Writer
April 24, 2012  

In the 1998 spring edition of the school newspaper, Warrior Times, an article was written by a WHS student about updates in the school’s clubs.  Similarly, articles were written this year about Wakefield High School’s clubs and multiple clubs were mentioned in both articles. The article... Read More

summerreading

Student’s Annoyance with Summer Reading

Maggie Gourville, staff
March 26, 2012  

Every year, as June rolls around and the days get hotter and longer, a colored packet is handed out to all students with a list of specified books for summer reading. Often, students reply with moans and complaints because they do not want to do work over the summer. Each summer students going... Read More

Super Tuesday’s Results Force Response from Supporters

Maggie Gourville
March 8, 2012  

On Tuesday, March 12, republican primaries were held in ten states throughout America. The leader of these Super Tuesday primaries was Mitt Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts.             After Romney’s six wins on Super Tuesday, he leads the Republican... Read More

And The Winner Is. . .

Amy Patel
February 28, 2012  

On February 26, the 2012 annual Oscars held their 46th anniversary. At this event, members of the filming industry were awarded for their accomplishments over the year. The winners of the following categories are: Best Picture: The Artist (Thomas Langmann,Producer) Actor in a Leading Role:... Read More

Amnesty International: A Group with a Cause

Maggie Gourville, Writer
February 21, 2012  

Started 51 years ago, Amnesty International is an organization at Wakefield High School whose main goal is to fight unfair treatment and protect human rights.             Since it has started, Amnesty International goals and projects have been centered on global issues both at home... Read More

Salt : 95% Fantastic

Maggie Gourville
February 14, 2012  

The 2010 action packed spy movie Salt is one to keep you guessing. It’s unpredictable and complex plot kept me on my toes and did not make me regret spending my dollar at Redbox. Released in the summer of 2010 by director Phillip Noyce (director of Revenge), Salt is about a secret group of... Read More

Covert Affairs

Maggie Gourville, Contributor
January 19, 2012  

Covert Affairs first premiered on July 13, 2010 in the United States. Since then it has gone on to a second season which recently ended. The twenty-seven action-packed episodes that producers James Parriott, Dave Bartis, and Doug Liman have released are filled with fun and colorful characters.... Read More

How Much Sleep Do We Really Need?

Maggie Gourville, Staff- Reporter
January 19, 2012  

According to the National Sleep Foundation, high school students need on average 8.5 to 9.25 hours of sleep each night. However, a recent survey answered by about forty-three high school students suggests otherwise.       This survey, taken in December 2011, polled mainly students... Read More