Drama Club Prepares for Successful Year

Hannah Rodgers, Reporter

As the drama club gears up for another year, I was able to receive some information regarding some recently made changes, including a new name!

With the start of another school year comes the return of some of our school’s most popular clubs.  Formerly known as the drama club, our school’s group of student actors now goes by the name of Wakefield High Theater Arts. I recently had a chance to speak with KC Skeldon, President of Wakefield High Theater Arts and tech director for the fall show, who gave me as much information as she could regarding the club’s plans for the upcoming year. Aside from the fact the fall show is in its extremely early stages, KC was able to tell me exactly how they would pull it all together. According to her, “the fall show will consist of 10 individual, 10-minute plays, directed by junior and senior student directors.” Though unable to give any exact names yet, KC revealed to me that they were to be, “pretty obscure.”

In addition to the excitement surrounding both the fall show and its new name, Wakefield High Theater Arts also introduced a new advisor for this school year, Mr. Gosselin. Mr. Gosselin, a former teacher at Westford Academy and graduate of St. Michael’s college, has stepped in to fill the spot that Mrs. Holmes had filled in the past. Along with Mr. Gosselin and KC, Wakefield High Theater Arts is under the leadership of four other senior officers, Gina Ansaldi, vice president, Sarah Boland, secretary, as well as Abbey DiCredico and Danielle Racamato, co-treasurers. The excitement does not end there, however, as KC revealed to me that the club would be bringing in an outside director for their winter show. Though no specific show has been selected yet (and we are still months away), I was told that Cam Cronin will be brought in as the director for the winter show. To wrap up their year, the Wakefield High Theater Arts will hold their annual spring musical. Though no show has been selected as of yet, it will be under the direction of Mr. Bankert and Ms. Morel.

It’s no secret that the drama club, or rather, Wakefield High Theater Arts, has undergone some changes this school year, but with the talent and direction the club has, we can definitely prepare ourselves for some entertaining and exciting shows!