Homecoming 2012

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming 2012

Shannon Fairweather

Homecoming is always an exciting time of year for high school students, a time to celebrate the autumn season with football, friends and fun.

This year Wakefield High School is doing something special to make things even more exciting than the past years’ Homecoming games. This year the school is working hard to bring students together to help everyone get excited for the big game!   Organized by Wakefield High’s Student Council, on Friday, October 5th, 2012 there will be an Homecoming Festival for the entire school to enjoy.  This fun event will happen right after school on the track’s field, also known as the Beasley Oval. As always there will be free hot pizza, delicious cookies, and refreshing drinks for everyone to enjoy.  Student council members and volunteers will hand out these items.  As an addition to the free food there will be multiple clubs to check out along the track.  These clubs will be set up on the field with different activities and things to buy.  For example, the Art Club will be offering spirit themed face paintings and also have an area where you can make your own fan sign to help cheer on your favorite team, Wakefield Warriors! Other stands that will be participating are the Recycling Club, and a few members of the Class of 2013 who will be selling super fans shirts to help you, your friends, and family get geared up for the big game.For even more entertainment the Recycling Club will be putting some super fun games to play, such as can jam, corn hole, ladder golf, and more. Play against your friends and see who can do the best at these fun games! Along with all the food, fun and games, there will also be some great music playing! Compete against your friends, family, classmates, and even some teachers in Wakefield High School trivia; this fun game will test your knowledge on your favorite high school.  Or play the guessing game, where you will have to guess how many of a certain object is in a jar and maybe you can even win an awesome prize! After filling up on some food, playing super fun games, and competing in some of our contests feel free to stick around and hang out with friends, as we get excited for the big game.  Whether you want to walk the track and listen to music, or sit in our sitting area everyone is free to stay. After this fun filled afternoon you will be not only very excited for the game, but also totally prepared with your new super fan shirts, and warrior’s signs to help make this the best homecoming game ever!

Shannon Fairweather, Reporter

Hi! I am Shannon Fairweather, and I am a proud member of the graduating class of 2016. I love people, and talking some would even call me out going. I...

• Homecoming 2012

Newest Features

Red Sea Strong

• Newest Features

Cool New Ways to Spice Up Your Dinner Parties

• Homecoming 2012

Newest Features

Grades Rise Up!

• Homecoming 2012

Newest Features

“Take Your Heart:” A Review of Persona 5

• Homecoming 2012

Newest Features

Is Your Music Too Loud?

• Homecoming 2012

National Opinion

Can a Celebrity Lead Our Country?

• Homecoming 2012

Arts & Entertainment

Why Disney Movies are Bad for Children

• Homecoming 2012

Movie Database

Movie Review: Deepwater Horizon

• Newest Features

Remembering Amy Winehouse

• Homecoming 2012

Newest Features

Wakefield High School Welcomes Mrs. Trafficante

Homecoming 2012