MLB Predictions

Back to Article
Back to Article

MLB Predictions

Brett Maloney, Staff Writer

The 2016 MLB season is fast approaching and all 30 teams either look to continue their success from last season or get off to a fresh start. After an abundant amount of offseason signings and trades, many teams have high hopes for the upcoming season.  

Some teams have started the rebuilding process and have basically gave up on the season before it even starts. The rebuilding teams include Phillies, Rockies, Reds, Brewers, Braves and A’s. All the other teams believe that they have a legitimate chance to make the postseason.

My personal predictions for the upcoming season are AL East – Boston Red Sox, AL Central – Kansas City Royals, AL West – Houston Astros, and the two wildcards are the Toronto Blue Jays, and Seattle Mariners. For the National League in the NL East – Washington Nationals, NL Central – Chicago Cubs, NL West – San Francisco Giants, and the two wildcards are the Pittsburgh Pirates and Arizona Diamondbacks. In the championship series for the American league, I have the Red Sox vs Astros and National league I have the Cubs vs Giants.

The World Series will include two teams that are very popular for the media and their respective fan bases. Those two teams are the Red Sox and Cubs.

The Red Sox and Cubs both dealt with curses and losing seasons for their fair share of years. The Red Sox dealt with the 86 year curse after the Great Bambino left (Babe Ruth). But that curse was broken in 2004 when the Red Sox swept the St. Louis Cardinals in 4 games to capture their first time in quite a long time. The Red Sox later went on to win the World Series in 2007, and 2013.

On the other hand the Cubs are a different story. The last time the Cubs won the World Series was 108 years ago. That’s right 108. For Cubs fans it’s been a long time coming considering that some people in their lifetime. And now with the Cubs upcoming stars such as Anthony Rizzo, and Kris Bryant they are poised to make a postseason run.

Sorry Cubs fans but the Cubs 108 year curse will have to wait at least one more year because in my opinion your 2016 World Series Champions will be the Boston Red Sox led by David Price and David Ortiz. For Ortiz, walking out on top will be the perfect ending to his career.

• MLB Predictions

Newest Features

Red Sea Strong

• Newest Features

Cool New Ways to Spice Up Your Dinner Parties

• MLB Predictions

Newest Features

Grades Rise Up!

• MLB Predictions

Newest Features

“Take Your Heart:” A Review of Persona 5

• MLB Predictions

Newest Features

Is Your Music Too Loud?

• MLB Predictions

National Opinion

Can a Celebrity Lead Our Country?

• MLB Predictions

Arts & Entertainment

Why Disney Movies are Bad for Children

• MLB Predictions

Movie Database

Movie Review: Deepwater Horizon

• Newest Features

Remembering Amy Winehouse

• MLB Predictions

Newest Features

Wakefield High School Welcomes Mrs. Trafficante

MLB Predictions