Lexi Parent Says Goodbye to WHS

Brett Maloney, Co-Editor

5 Favorites:

• Animal – Panda bear
  • Ice Cream – Coffee Oreo
  • TV Show – One Tree Hill
  • Senior Memory – Senior Scavenger Hunt
  • Quote – “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened” – Dr. Seuss

Alexis Bella Parent was born on November 16, 1997. Alexis goes by the nickname Lexi. Lexi was born at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge to her loving parents Mike and Jeannette. As a child, Lexi grew up with her best friend, her dog Sierra. As Lexi graduates this coming June, she will be deeply missed throughout the halls of Wakefield High School. Lexi is going to continue her education next year at Umass Amherst where she plans to major in Public Health, more specifically Occupational Therapy.

In Lexi’s early years she lived in Stoneham, MA but when she was just two years old and her sister Rylee was born, the family decided to move to Wakefield. Rylee is now 16 and a sophomore at Wakefield High.When Lexi was just a six year old girl she had another sibling brought into this world and this time it was a boy named Michael. Michael, who is now 12 and in 6th grade, rounds out the Parent family. As a child and to this day, Lexi’s best friend is her Grandmother and they talk on the phone every single day.

Lexi attended elementary school at the Dolbeare School where she met some of her best friends to this day. Lexi was always very active as a child with playing softball and dancing. Lexi decided to quit softball after her sophomore year of high school, but she is still involved in dance at Dance Track in Wakefield, where she dances and also teaches dance classes to little girls.

As Lexi’s High School career comes to a close she will be remembered for more than just her success in the classroom. Lexi was an active leader throughout High School,as she was involved in peer leaders and The Scholarship Foundation. One of Lexi’s favorite teachers Mr. Gosselin spoke very highly of her saying “Lexi is an incredibly hard worker. Ever since she was a ninth grader, I have been impressed with her work ethic and commitment to her academics, and I’m lucky to have had her as a student!.” As Lexi begins a new chapter in her life at Umass Amherst this fall, she will be remembered at WHS for everything she was involved in.

Lexi is very popular among her peers and a lot of them had great things to say about her, including Junior John Stanfield who said, “ Lexi taught me so much about the process with college and such and I can’t thank her enough, besides the fact that she wouldn’t go to prom with me.” Lexi also advised all incoming seniors to “make the most of your senior year because it goes by fast and it’s a year you will never forget.” Her favorite quote is “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened” – Dr. Seuss, is a perfect explanation of senior year because as you wrap up the year, you will truly be saddened but then realize how great those years with all your friends were.

As Lexi leaves WHS this coming June she will be missed by the student body and the faculty at WHS. But everyone at WHS wishes her the best in her future plans and whatever life brings her way.