Bruins Season Overview

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bruins Season Overview

Nicole Pecjo

After the outcome of the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals, the Bruins right wing lineup had some slight changes including the trade of Tyler Seguin and Nathan Horton.

The two new players that they were traded in were Loui Eriksson and Jarome Iginla, who both play right wing. Each of them, have had a terrific season thus far for the Boston Bruins. As they have brung their best effort to each game, it’s easy to see the trade has paid off for the Bruins.  Their 2013-14 regular season started off with a hometown win at TD Garden, which took place on October 3rd against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Currently, the Boston Bruins hold 1st place in the Atlantic division, and 4th in the entire league.

As the post-trade deadline passed for the NHL playoffs, and going forward, the Bruins had a lot of confidence. None of them were going anywhere as they felt their management believes in the current Boston Bruins family. Many different additions have been pulled into the Bruin clan also. Such as, Andrej Meszaros who made his Boston debut Sunday, March 9th and had many shots on goal. Since he has been in the press box watching the Bruins’ defensive system for the past two games, it’s sure to say he is happy to be back on the ice.

Claude Julien made an opportunity for Andrej Meszaros and made the switch with Dougie Hamilton who had struggled in the game versus Tampa Bay. Coach Julien said “it was an opportunity to get a fresh guy on the ice”. Coach Julien also added that he played very well for his first time back on the ice against the Florida Panthers. His first game back was a good one, considering the Bruins had dominated and won 5-2. The B’s had also lost Daniel Paille, who was banged up in the first period by Panthers defenseman Ed Jovanovski. For the Bruins, strategic hockey is what they found works best for them, as well as passing and taking chances. Many of the Bruins players and many fans are looking forward for what is to come for the rest of the 2013-14 regular season.

Nicole Pecjo, Reporter

Hi! My name is Nicole Pecjo and i’m currently a sophomore at Wakefield high school. I signed up for journalism because I enjoy writing and want to become...

• Bruins Season Overview

Newest Features

Red Sea Strong

• Newest Features

Cool New Ways to Spice Up Your Dinner Parties

• Bruins Season Overview

Newest Features

Grades Rise Up!

• Bruins Season Overview

Newest Features

“Take Your Heart:” A Review of Persona 5

• Bruins Season Overview

Newest Features

Is Your Music Too Loud?

• Bruins Season Overview

National Opinion

Can a Celebrity Lead Our Country?

• Bruins Season Overview

Arts & Entertainment

Why Disney Movies are Bad for Children

• Bruins Season Overview

Movie Database

Movie Review: Deepwater Horizon

• Newest Features

Remembering Amy Winehouse

• Bruins Season Overview

Newest Features

Wakefield High School Welcomes Mrs. Trafficante

Bruins Season Overview